KALSUBAI TREK AND CAMPING
Kalsubai Trek deserves to be the first spot on your visit list if you are a trekking enthusiast. Located in the Western Ghats of Maharashtra, Kalsubai is the highest peak in the state, at a staggering height of 5400 ft. above sea level. The area comes under Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wild-life Sanctuary and attracts a large number of city dwellers looking for a weekend escape out in the wild! The peak is rightly called ‘Everest of Maharashtra’. Enveloped by greenery all around, this peak offers stunning views of the nearby peaks. There is also a small temple dedicated to the local deity, Kalsubai Mata. An interesting legend which states that the deity was a housemaid who disappeared in the mountains to escape her employer’s cruelty. To honor the deity, a special prayer is conducted every Tuesday and Thursday. This 2-day trek will provide you with an adventure you will never forget. So cherish the time that you spend and have a memorable experience.
- Date : 6th to 7th March 2021
- District : Ahmednagar.
- Taluka : Akole.
- Base Village : Bari Village.
- Height : 1646m / 5400 ft. above the sea level.
How to Reach : CST – Kasara (by train) and Kasara – Bari Village (by car).
Duration to reach the Summit : 4hrs.
Trek Cost : ₹1300/-.
CAMPING AND TREK ITINERARY OF KALSUBAI
6 : 15am – Meet at CSMT Station.
6 : 55am – Board the train for Kasara.
9 : 20am – Reach Kasara station.
9 : 30am – Leave for Bari Village by pvt. car.
10 : 30am – Reach Bari Village and have breakfast.
11 : 30am – Begin your trek.
2 : 30pm – Reach Campsite and have Lunch.
3 : 15pm – Reach Summit and explore the summit. (10 mins from campsite.)
4 : 00pm – Start to descend.
4 : 30pm – Reach Campsite.
8 : 30pm – Have Dinner.
10 : 00pm – Overnight in Tents.
Day 2 :
7 : 00am – Wakeup time.
8 : 00am – Have Breakfast.
9 : 00am – Descend to the base.
12 : 00pm – Reach The base (Bari Village.)
12 : 15pm – Have lunch at the village.
1 : 00pm – Leave from Bari Village for Kasara by pvt. car.
2 : 15pm – Reach Kasara Station.
2 : 44pm – Board the Train for CSMT.
5 : 00 – Reach CSMT Station.
1. Travelling cost from Kasara Station to Bari Village and back.
2. Meals includes ( 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch and 1 Dinner ).
3. Tent Stay and Trek Guide.
1. Travelling cost from CSMT Station to Kasara and back.
2. Extra Snacks.
3. Anything other than inclusions.
THINGS TO CARRY :
- Id Proof Compulsory.
- Dry Food (snacks).
- Torch and extra cell / Candles and Matchbox or Lighter.
- Personal Medicines.
- Cap, goggle, sunscream.
- Trekking Shoes. (Compulsory).
- Electral powder / Glucon D / Tang.
- Camera (if you need & on your risk.
- Water Bottle ( atleast carry 2 bottles.)
For any enquiries contact :
- Disha Solanki : 7021650109.
- Sahil Soni : 9967135065.
- Manali Shah : 7021743462.
- Mohit Agarwal : 9372022718.
Website : https://worlds4travellers.wixsite.com/world4travellers
Gmail : [email protected]
Instagram : @world_4_travellers