Best ways to travel safe in Indian Railways
Indian Railways is one of the biggest and richest network in the world which started on 16th April 1853. Some times travelling in railways can be difficult. Let’s discuss how to have a safe journey in Indian Railways. There are various ways to make your journey safe.
• Basic information and tips
- Reach on time:- Indian Railways has a huge network and hence weather you are traveling from the first station or boarding in between. The train might change its track and platform due to rush. In this situation if you are reach 5-10 minutes before time then you can miss your train. You must reach the station atleast 60 minutes before. Now even government has announced to reach 90 minutes before due to the safety measures of the current pandemic.
- Allotment of seat: While booking your seat in Indian Railways you get an opportunity to choose your seat. If you are travelling alone and don’t want to interrupt with others then you should select upper birth as it’s such a seat which won’t disturb you. On the same side family and a person is alone who loves to interact then you can choose any seat as you want. For couples and nature lovers side lower and side upper is the best.
- Food: If you are travelling on a long route then it is preferable to carry fruits, snacks and other light food as at some stations don’t have food stalls at proper place and the trains also hault for a lesser part of time. On the other hand some trains may not have pantry car as well. Also various times we have heard of bad quality food being served as well. One can also order food from IRCTC website which will give you pure quantity and quality food on whichever station you need. Also government has recently announced “No Bill No Payment” which means any thing you purchase from any of the vendors a bill has to be taken. If the vendor refuses to give the bill then you can take the material required for free.
- Water: Water is an necessity during travelling and hence it is always preferable to purchase water whenever needed. Water is easily available from any of the vendors. Water is available at a minimum cost of 15/- only. Indian Railways provides water of Rail Neer by IRCTC which is the safest. Other option is Bisleri which the whole country preferes.
- Lock: Before departing for the journey one must always carry a sangli-tala which is purchased from nearest shop of residence and at night time one must lock it with the handle available below your seat to protect it from robbery
- Take help of employees: During the journey it is advisable to have a talk with the ticket checker or a team of RPF so that it is easy to find help when needed. A member of RPF is mostly found at the end of the coach. They also help you to wake you up incase your destination arrives at midnight or early morning.
- Travelling manners: It is advisable not to stand on the doors or stick to the windows as it may lead to heavy injuries if train faces an accident. Sitting or lying in middle of a seat is the safest. Incase if anyone is making vlog then also keep safe distance.
Along with some common information let’s add some do’s and don’ts
Travel in LHB trains: Travelling in LHB trains is safer and time saver as well. If a train with LHB coaches runs at the area of departure and arrival you want to travel prefer booking in it. As it has better technology, body is more strong to handle accident so less damage is caused. Has speed of 130kmph atleast. The information of LHB trains are easily available.
• Always take bill of any thing purchased till will help you catch the hold of any vendors selling wrong products or unhealthy food.
• Always make a good environment with the co passengers you can atleast be remembered as a good human.
• Sometimes a family has been aloted seats with are very far from each other. If such people want seats together and ask for the same offer them if possible.
• Keep the surroundings and toliets of the railways clean
• Indian Railways suffers poor network so keep your family and friends well informed with your train number and number atleast to avoid panic.
• Whenever you get the chance always thank the RPF, pantry staff, ticket checker and loco pilots of the train as they play an very important role to make your travel safe in Indian Railways. (Just as you do in flight)
• Follow the rules and instructions of the Indian Railways as mentioned above
• Lean out of train
• Roam on the stations having small haults you can miss your trains
• Go near or touch the locomotive
• Never pull the chain unnecessary
• Misbihave with anyone unnecessarily
• Damage any property of the railways
Note:- Indian Railways also has various hospitals on the stations. So if you need any help you can check on the IRCTC website or take help of RPF. The RPF is also available at the stations and on Twitter which is very helpful for the travellers. The below examples will help you to understand the importance of RPF in Indian Railways.
An old woman was travelling alone via railways but due to low phone connection her son was not able to contact her. So he just tweeted her train name and number along with his mother’s name and pnr number. After reading this the RPF available on the social media passed it to the DRM and onboard RPF and in 5 minutes the son got the information that mother is safe and fine along with location of train.
A lot of ladies in pregnancy travel in Indian railways and face labour pains during the journey. Various children are born successfully in Indian Railways due to doctors immediately contacted by fellow travelers, RPF connection with doctors, station master, DRM. In the ongoing Sharmik Special Trains around 37 children were born.
If a person follows the above guidelines he or she can have the best journey in Indian railways. Indian Railways always does the best to make the travel safe of their guests. An great example of this is the 20,000 isolation coaches made by railways for the Covid-19 patients in the country.
Slowly and steadily Indian Railways has progressed and is proving as a boon for the people of Bharat and soon it will move towards completely as Make In India model.
Railways also has various types of trains for all types of people available in the society:-
• Local trains
• Menu trains
• Mail trains
• Express trains
• Superfast trains
• AC trains
• Non AC trains
• Premium trains including make in India (Vande Bharat Express)
It also has various tourist luxury trains like:-
• The golden charriot
• Deccan Oddesy
• Maharaja express and many more
For all the trains if a person follows the above rules and guidelines then Indian railways is the safest mode of transport to travel. For any type of tour anyone can contact our team.